Project Studies

The Renovation of an Educational Facility

Issue link: https://gangbox.oncenter.com/i/884091

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 0 of 1

1 Company Deyo Construction LLC Industry Drywall Contractors Company Size 18 Location Salem, New Hampshire USA Website www.deyodrywall.com Project for Fitchburg State University Miller Hall Renovations Project Length 6 months On Center Software Solutions On-Screen Takeoff® Quick Bid® D eyo Construction LLC (DC) in Salem, NH was started in 2007 by Jay Deyo. DC specializes in drywall, EIFS, metal framing, doors/frames/ hardware, acoustical ceilings, and plaster. DC works in the states of Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Connecticut. Although Jay Deyo's family has been in the construction business since the 1940s, Jay did not begin his career in construction. He was in sales, and upon retiring in 2005 decided to take a leap of faith and start his own drywall company. Construction was in his blood and he excelled in the industry with hard work and determination. Jay established himself in a new industry by joining associations that provide the framework for the success of new entrepreneurs. Jay soon realized that the Association of the Wall and Ceiling Industry (AWCI) was a great resource for him and became a member in 2007. Through books and asking plenty of questions, Jay taught himself estimating. After just a few months in the business, Jay noticed that most of the big players in the industry were using takeoff software to bid more jobs accurately in a shorter amount of time. Jay decided to invest in his company's future and joined the On Center Software family by purchasing On-Screen Takeoff® and Quick Bid. DC is one of the most respected names in the Drywall industry. DC attributes the company's success to the quality and accuracy of their estimates. Their ability to provide professional proposals in a short amount of time sets them apart from their competition. The reliable people at DC are easy to work with—their commitment to the clients allows them to deliver a job on time and within budget. Quality is never compromised while meeting the most stringent deadlines. Of the jobs completed by DC, 80% are commercial projects, primarily public state or federal buildings. The remaining 20% of DC's market share is residential. U N I V E R S I T Y P R O J E C T Fitchburg State University, located in Fitchburg, Massachusetts, was founded in 1894. It is a public institution that has a strong liberal arts and sciences studies program. The university has more than 30 undergraduate programs and 22 master's degree programs. When the University started the interior renovation of campus offices, Deyo Construction knew that they would be able to contribute to the success of this project The Renovation of an Educational Facility AC H I E V E D E A R LY C O M P L E T I O N D U E TO P R O P E R P R O J E C T M A N AG E M E N T

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

view archives of Project Studies - The Renovation of an Educational Facility